Monday, December 18, 2006

Tears and frustration

I had complete pregnancy meltdown at the start of the weekend - poor Karen had to cope with me weeping all over her at 5am on Saturday morning! I'd got in a bad mood on Friday night before she got home, with various silly little things that had gone wrong (e.g. me dropping & breaking messy things from the fridge). But of course when Karen asked me what was wrong and I answered "lots of things", my poor pregnant brain couldn't even remember more than one thing that had happened - which was actually pretty funny! For about 30 seconds before I got in a grump again. I was partly in a bed temper because I'd been sitting on my own, waiting for her to come in from work (she'd been out with work colleagues for a Christmas drink) and writing all the Christmas cards, as I do every year, and feeling generally put upon at having to organise all the household stuff, even though normally I enjoy doing it (and always tend to find fault with Karen's way of doing stuff because it's not my way - which doesn't help matters any).

I woke up early on Saturday feeling completely overwhelmed at everything we had to do over the weekend to get ready for Christmas (and of course also thinking of all that we need to do before Pip arrives, even though we should have plenty of time to sort all that out). I just felt totally miserable & also fed up with myself for being so hopeless, as nothing was really wrong, I was just feeling completely frustrated and useless. After an hour or so, I got up & left Karen to sleep, and after I'd had a bit more of a cry downstairs and a cup of tea, I felt much better, and actually ended up having a pretty productive weekend! I wrapped all the Christmas presents, finished writing and sent the Christmas cards & then we went shopping and bought the last few presents we had left to buy, plus a couple of airbeds for Xmas guests. Plus a Christmas tree (although it's not up yet). And yesterday I cleaned out the fridge, and then had a complete sort out of my larder, which was positively overflowing with ingredients (quite a few out of date of course!).We also had to move everything out of the hallway and the living room last night, as we are having new flooring/carpet fitted this morning. So after we've put everything back tonight, the whole downstairs will be ready for Christmas - hurrah! At least I now feel much more organised & my brain feels a lot tidier as well as the house!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back in the blogosphere. You were missed and I was worried about you!

12:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home