Monday, January 15, 2007


(Still) in my pyjamas at 6.30pm on a Monday.

Yes, it's true, I've given in to my inner pregnant sluttiness, and simply not bothered to do anything in the least bit constructive today. Instead, I've had a really lovely time surfing all day - I think that I've now been on the laptop for almost 11 hours! Really must log off soon as my neck/shoulders are killing me, and my back is suffering somewhat too.

We had a very busy weekend (antenatal class Saturday morning, about which I'll post soon), and then lots of moving/re-organising, which has resulted in my study being transformed into a nursery, ready for Pip's arrival. We've just got the filing cabinet still to move out (when we can recruit some muscle to help Karen), but other than that, and getting the crib from my rather ditsy friend, it's essentially ready. I've only just ordered the fabric to make new curtains, but there's already a blackout blind in there. The long and short of it is that if I went into labour tonight, we'd be ready in terms of equipment (although we haven't yet collected the buggy/carseat from the baby store). Not quite ready mentally for labour yet though, so hopefully Pip will carry on growing inside of me for a good few weeks yet. I still haven't started practising the hypno/breathing I am hoping will help in labour - not much time left now, so I'd better get on with that soon.

The other key thing we did at the weekend was to go and view the shots from the portrait session that we had done last week. The framed prints are hideously expensive, but we are really pleased with the results, and we've never done anything like this before so we don't feel too bad about the cost. We wanted to capture us as a couple, plus some bump shots, at this very special time in our lives, and we think that they make a great collection (you can see the whole set of pics here although they are scanned from a black & white printout so aren't of great quality). And as my sister pointed out, we aren't having a wedding photographer or anything fancy for our CP, so that also helps us justify the expense. My absolute favourite is the shot at the top of this post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Calliope said...

LOVE the photos!
They are beautiful.

1:46 pm  
Blogger Tamsin said...

Thanks Cali! What makes them even more special is the fact that we have almost no photos of Karen - she HATES having her picture taken normally, but she actually enjoyed the photo session, and was amazed by how many of the shots of herself she liked.
The best thing for me is that we both look so happy - it's really great to have some pictures of us as a couple.

12:24 pm  
Blogger Stacey said...

I really love the photos you had done. They are so fun!

3:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home