Thursday, January 18, 2007

Elusive sleep

Or in other words, I'm f***ing knackered. In the last 10 days, I've reached a stage where I'm only getting a maximum of 6 hrs sleep a night, and it's more usually only in the 4-5hrs region. When I get up for one of my bathroom visits, I then just can't get back to sleep. My mind starts racing, and I think about the most ridiculous things, but just can't stop myself. My homeopath has suggested taking a tissue salt, Kali Phos, which settles the nerves, but that hasn't had much effect as yet (although it is only night 2 trying it!). And I keep trying my yoga breathing, which usually manages to relax me enough to drop off again, eventually. But what I need right now is a big OFF switch for my brain. Tonight/this morning, I only managed to make it until 3am. I tried to get back to sleep, in bed, for 1 3/4hrs before admitting defeat. So here I am blogging.

Funny thing is, it is showing me that I will be able to function much better than imagined with the upcoming sleep deprivation. Only problem is that I stay completely wired throughout the day - I'm running on adrenaline at the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger whatthef*ck said...

that is the worst; not being able to sleep when you really need to because of how little sleep lies ahead. i think it's mother nature, that bitch, getting you ready to be up all night. but still.

i LOVE that picture. that is classic. it should be in hip magazines around the globe. cool dress too.

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home