Sunday, February 25, 2007

Homeopathy rocks!

I got a remedy (Nat Mur) from the lovely Natasha at my local alternative health shop, after consulting both my "Mother & Baby" homeopathy book, and Natasha who is a homeopath herself, but not practising currently due to running the shop and having a gorgeous almost-1yr-old daughter. My legs feel so much better, and it's actually possible to sleep! In fact, I've been sleeping better for the last couple of nights than I have done for some time. The only bore is that, as with all homeopathic remedies, you have to take them in a "clean" mouth i.e. no food/drink for 15 mins either side of taking the remedy; as I'm drinking water like it's going out of fashion at the moment, I have to "plan" when to take the tablets. I'm also making much more of an effort to spend time with my feet elevated above my head, which probably helps too. All in all, I feel much more able to cope with the prospect of waiting longer for Pip to arrive.

Had a lovely and relaxing day yesterday; apart from spending 2hrs doing all the ironing when I got up early yesterday morning! Still, at least it's out of the way, and the wardrobes and linen cupboard are full of fresh, pressed clothes and sheets. Karen went to have her hair coloured yesterday morning, so I took the time to have a nap, and then to listen to my hypno CD. We drove to the coast for lunch, to a pub owned by someone I used to work with, and I stuffed myself silly with a huge plate of fabulous locally sourced ham, egg and chips (home fries for my US readers!). Could hardly move afterwards, and it was raining, so we didn't bother with the planned walk. We went to a couple of baby shops on the way back (we had the sun parasol for the pushchair to pick up, and I also wanted to nick the measurements of a buggy snuggle, so that I can copy it and make one from some lovely rainbow-striped fleece I've bought, to "gay up" our grey/white pushchair). Had another nap when we got home, after some lovely organic hot chocolate, and then we spent some time doing birth prep, discussing what to put our birth wish list, and also how I hope to use the different birthing strategies/aids that I've been working on, as previously I hadn't talked to Karen in great detail about stuff like the yoga/hypnotherapy. I still need to do some "cue cards", summarising stuff from all my different books for the different stages of labour, and using prompts from the hypnotherapy etc. but other than that, we feel pretty ready. Karen has requested that Pip doesn't arrive before Thursday though, as she gets to hand over responsibility for one of her studios on Wednesday, and she hasn't finished the handover notes yet! I think that Pip will be fairly happy to oblige ;o)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

I can't believe your due date has come around........... we're on the edge of our seats waiting....

5:24 pm  
Anonymous Gail Hays said...

God blesss

9:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home