Monday, February 19, 2007

Sleepless in Colchester

Another rubbish night's sleep; less than 4hrs. I woke up to go to the loo at 3.40am, and that was that. Unfortunately, I also woke Karen up (she doesn't sleep well at the best of times), and we mostly just lay there awake in the dark until her alarm went off at 6am. I listened to my birth hypno CD on the iPod, followed by the accompanying relaxing birth music, which took up about 1 3/4hrs. And we had some nice cuddling. But it was mostly just frustratingly pointless, not helped by the various aches and pains in my body (lower back, neck and shoulders, plus "heavy" feet). At least Karen didn't get to share that part (apart from my grumblings, huffing and puffing).

Cali commented on my hacksaw search seeming like a good sign for impending birth - sadly, this is something I'm typically obsessive about, so it's not out-of-the-ordinary behaviour. When I start a project, I like to make sure that I finish it, and tidy everything away as well. I'm kind of stubborn like that, so the fact that the curtain rail is still lying on the kitchen counter is a bit of a bugbear right now.
One project that I haven't finished is an embroidery intended for Pip's room - I actually started it during the 2ww of this IVF cycle as part of my positive thinking, and have barely touched it since we got the "pregnant" result. I'd forgotten all about it until I found it in the hunt for my thimble yesterday, as part of my curtain making. I do want to try and get it done (there's nothing at all on the walls at the moment), but I want to concentrate on the bigger sewing jobs first. Today's task is to make a curtain for the front door. And then maybe some more towelling changing mats/wash mitts, as I've already given away most of the ones I made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home