Sunday, February 18, 2007

No news

Having been fairly convinced that I might go into labour overnight, there is absolutely no change in status whatsoever! Looks like all my instincts were wrong (and maybe my manic activity yesterday was just down to adrenaline fuelled by cumulative lack of sleep).

Spent the morning making a heavy curtain for our back door, to guard against draughts, but haven't been able to put it up yet as I couldn't find a hacksaw to cut the curtain rail to size. Will go and buy one tomorrow so that I can finish that job, and I've also got to make another curtain for the front door. We drove to the coast at Walton-on-the-Naze for lunch; our intention was to go to the pie and mash shop (Karen's favourite form of comfort food, being a true Cockney girl), but sadly they've changed their opening times and are now closed on Sundays (perhaps because it's low season). So we had fish and chips instead, with a mug of tea and a buttered roll (more proper English food), and then went for a walk on the pier (a very short walk due to the cold and my back feeling sore). Karen then insisted on playing some arcade machines, trying to win a cuddly toy with one of those grabber machines that never let you win anything. We headed back home and had hot chocolate to warm up, then I had a long nap. Woke up feeling decidedly sick with the fish and chips repeating on me - not so nice second time around. Have been feeling fairly crappy for the last 3hrs now, but will head for bed soon.
Haven't listened to my hypno CD yet today - maybe I'll upload it to my iPod so that I can listen to it in bed without disturbing Karen.

Oh, and no antenatal visit after all, as our midwife got held up delivering a baby this morning, so I'm seeing her tomorrow instead. I'm hoping that there is good news on either the positioning or engagement front. I'm finding it completely impossible to judge Pip's position myself, partly because it keeps changing, but also my bump feels too hard most of the time to be able to distinguish body parts easily.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"but haven't been able to put it up yet as I couldn't find a hacksaw to cut the curtain rail to size..."

um...I think the fact that you are hunting down a fricken hacksaw is an interesting *sign*

thinking of you as THE date looms near. Hope you get lots of rest and sleep.
xo

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home