Wednesday, March 07, 2007

40+6


Since there's no action regarding Pip's arrival, instead I'm sharing a picture of my niece Ella and nephew Lewis chilling out yesterday on a hammock in their local park in Melbourne. It's lovely to get pictures, but I do miss them!
I'm resigning myself to the fact that the birth may well not be until next week at this rate - it certainly doesn't feel in the least bit imminent. I went to see my regular acupuncturist yesterday, and she did some extra work to try and bring on labour, but it doesn't seem to have produced any results. Tomorrow I go up to the hospital for my "1 week past due date" sweep - if my cervix has softened since Saturday - and I've got reflexology booked in for Friday. If neither of those things start off labour, I can go back to see my acupuncturist on either Saturday or Monday for another session, and I will also try my herbal/homeopathic combo over the weekend to try and start labour (black and blue cohosh plus caulophyllum). I don't want to try too many different things on any one day! And if Pip is perfectly happy in there, I don't really want to be overzealous with attempts to get him/her out before s/he's ready. The hospital will want to make a provisional appointment tomorrow for a chemical induction; probably for next Tuesday/Wednesday. I want to avoid this if possible, but I'm not really sure that I want to go past 2 weeks overdue.

All my friends/family keep asking if I'm fed up with waiting; the answer is not really. I feel quite chilled out about it, but the uncertainty over when we'll actually have our baby is a bit frustrating, especially for Karen who never quite knows if she's going in to work next morning or not. However, we can fairly safely say that Pip is going to be here within the next 7-10 days at most. It does feel a bit like I'll be pregnant forevermore though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home