Friday, March 02, 2007


We're having a gayby!

OK, so there's no sign of Pip making his/her entrance into the world quite yet, but here's a pic of my latest baby sewing project; a fleece snuggle for our pushchair. I'm really pleased with how it turned out; it doesn't look home-made at all, even though I was just sort of making it up as I went along (having sketched a "pattern" of one I saw in a baby store at the weekend). Our pushchair is a very dull grey (it only comes in this colour or a dark slate grey, but it's brilliantly designed and easy to use), so I wanted to brighten it up, and when I saw the rainbow fleece fabric on sale in January, I knew exactly what the answer was! The lower section unzips so that you can remove it if the baby/child is too warm, but still have the bright liner in place. And I love the cute pocket for holding a toy/snacks/crumbs/whatever. After I'd taken the photo I also made a matching hat and mittens from the leftover fabric - although the hat turned out smaller than I meant it to!
Oh, and by the way, this is the pushchair in its most upright position; the back goes all the way down to a lie-flat position for newborns. You can also clip our carseat onto the pushchair (so that it faces the current handle position, which can flip back and forth so the baby can face you or face out), which will be very handy I think. It'll be interesting to see how much I use the pushchair in comparison to babywearing though - I plan for the Hugabub wrap to get plenty of use.
ETA: there are 2 more babies amongst our antenatal group as of today; Sonia, who was due to be induced on Wednesday went into labour naturally late on Monday night, and had her daughter Abbey within 12 hrs. And Sai who was feeling too "unwell" yesterday to come to coffee (she thought she had a cold, but we were all speculating as to whether it was actually a sign of imminent labour), had another girl, called Rose, this morning after a quick, pain-relief-free labour.
Awwww, babies arriving at last!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy and Karen said...

Beautiful snuggle!

10:10 pm  
Blogger hd said...

You ARE talented. I have one of those, but I paid 40 bucks for it! Excellent improvisation, and SO much more colorful than the dull ones in the stores.

I'm on pins and needles here--sending you lots of labor vibes.

10:05 pm  
Blogger Tamsin said...

Thanks all! It probably didn't work out any cheaper in real terms than a bought one, as it took me 3-4hrs to make it (although the materials only cost £12), but I'll always feel proud that it's my own handiwork ;o)

6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home