Thursday, March 08, 2007

Labour update

Well, it definitely would seem to be labour, but there could be a fairly long haul ahead of us yet. The contractions got to 4 mins apart quite quickly, although each one was pretty brief (and fairly bearable pain), so I woke Karen and we rang the hospital. Our midwife came around but I was only 1 finger dilated and contractions deemed neither strong enough or long enough to get busy or excited about yet! So we have been labouring at home since - time really flies! The contractions got further apart after the internal examination, but have become quite a bit stronger, and rather longer. I'm to go in to hospital as scheduled for my sweep at 10.45am and they'll assess me again then and see where we go from there. We should meet Pip quite soon!

13 Comments:

Blogger Sarah and BB said...

I am so excited for you both!! I can't wait to see Pip!!

7:37 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the updates--i've been thinking about you all! can't wait to hear more news. :)

-megan, hope & quinn

1:34 pm  
Blogger hotomiky said...

Oohhh We're so exciting for you... :o) Can't wait to hear your story and see your Pip pictures.

2:02 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

How exciting!! Come on, Pip - it's a lovely world out here!

3:20 pm  
Blogger Lil Jimmi said...

YAY!! Wow so exciting!!!
Good luck good luck I wish you a timely and uncomplicated labor :-)

5:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting! can't wait to hear the good news!

5:51 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Been lurking around for a while but never posted a comment - I'm so excited for you and keeping you in my thoughts today. I hope everything goes smoothly. Can't wait to see photos.

11:52 pm  
Blogger Stacey said...

Yay! I hope things go well. Hurry up and get out Pip cuz March 8th is a GREAT birthday (it's my birthday...hehehe). :)

2:27 am  
Blogger hd said...

Woo-HOO! Can't wait to see the little Pip!

5:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all is going/went well and that we get to hear all about it very soon!

5:45 pm  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I agree - March 8th is a great birthday as it's mine too!!

Hope you and Karen have a wonderful birth and we can't wait to see pics of Pip

:0) xx

1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting... I'm hoping the lack of updates means that Pip is here and healthy and that you are one tired mama!

4:50 pm  
Blogger Lo said...

Hope all is well with you two and Pip -- do update us when you can!

9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home